I ride a motorcycle year round. When I got my bike I bought a white helmet since I read advice and studies that show riders wearing white helmets get in accidents less. This sounded like a good idea to me. But after my recent drive I realized: yellow is greater than white. I was ready to get a new helmet.
I checked out the different hi-viz options and wanted one that had flip-up design, rated quieter than average, built-in sun shade, and under $500. This led me to the newly released Nolan N104. Their hi-viz version comes in Cab Yellow. (Some may argue yellow isn't hi-viz like neon yellow, but I'm saying it is.)
I am leery of buying a motorcycle helmet online without trying it on and feeling it in my hands. However there are a ton of resources on the web for sizing and fit that make this process easier. In the end I felt confident I could buy the correct helmet I needed online. And I did. So rest assure you can too.
The helmet fits me great. A little tight at first as any helmet should be, but the foam should break in 10%. So it'll get more comfy as I continue to wear it. I've only used it on a handful of rides so far but I am very happy with this. And I like that the helmet is Made in Italy.
A few quick thoughts on this great N104 helmet:
- The windshield is HUGE. Love the extra view.
- Venting seems very good and noticeable. With vents fully open tons of air come in. I like it.
- Buckle style strap lock so much better than D-rings.
- Pinlock lens is a must for cold and rain. This thing is bomber with the Pinlock installed. Foggy without.
- The built in sun shade is nice. Doesn't hit my nose and is easy to operate both ways.
- Wish it had a breath guard. (Optional one to add-on would be great, Nolan design team.)