Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Starbucks launches new Indivisible Mugs today - Made in USA jobs

I'm always interested in Starbucks' Howard Schultz's new found enthusiasm for supporting Made in USA. I've posted about it before at this blog with their $5 bracelets.

Today Starbucks starting selling their Made in USA Indivisible Mug. Made in USA in Ohio by a small pottery company. Starbucks' order of 20,000 mugs initially created four more positions at the company. I thought this is fantastic so I bought one at the Starbucks near my office for $10, with $2 going towards the createjobsforusa.org campaign that Starbucks is involved in. It's a win win for me. According to Starbucks Press site the effort has created more than 4,000 jobs so far.

I posted a video with my new mug on youtube, including the 2 weird things you can't do with the mug in your kitchen.



Would you spend a few $ more if you knew it directly supports jobs in your country? Do you like odd shaped mugs?

1 comment:

Financial Independence said...

I would not, because it is all about competition. You can do it on a small scale with some enthusiasm, but at the end of the day you are bound to loose.

I think we either need to improve and advance in the manufacturing or do something else. Remember how this country was started - open borders and competition. It is the way to go.