Friday, June 08, 2012

More free money for Roth IRA

Free money into an IRA retirement account is awesome. So I just transferred more free money into my Fidelity Roth IRA. This month $74. Last month $95. All in all it is fantastic to get this free money to put in a Roth IRA account. I like to think that I'm just buying myself future rum mojitos, or socks.

Of course technically this isn't free money, it is just cash-back from our Fidelity Visa that we got last fall. The important aspect here is that we pay the balance each month, and thus this extra IRA kickback is just gravy. Since we opened the Fidelity account we have a balance in the Roth IRA of just over $360. I expect a yearly contribution of about $600. Over a few decades this won't buy a house on the golf course. But it will buy plenty of mojitos.

Do you use a rewards credit card? Which one?

1 comment:

Financial Independence said...

Can I possibly ask you a favour? Could you possibly add a feedburner to your blog? It is very easy to do with the blogger.

I would love to subscribe, instead of using the bookmarks.