Thursday, October 16, 2008

Starbucks disappoints again

Just hopped down to the neighborhood Starbucks. I'm not a regular but
stop in every so often. Generally I'll bring a mug and get some drip. I
never know what price I'll be charged. Depending on the cash
register-bot it is usually between $1 and $1.50ish. Oh, not so today.
Must be a new hire. She timidly said she had to charge me for a grande.
And voile' - $1.92. Hell, I'm saving them money by providing a mug --
hey, it's even a Starbucks branded one. I could of expected a surcharge
for having a Tulley's.
I had a left over shareholder's gift card (they used to give them out at
the sharehold meeting but didn't this year.) so I really didn't feel
like arguing and haggling. But I tell you, I really felt like I over
paid. I see a future of less and less trips to sbux coming.

1 comment:

Andee Sellman , One Sherpa said...

Hey Christopher,
Starbucks aint that good in Australia either!! They're in the middle of closing lots of stores..They've been overtaken by Gloria Jeans Coffees!!