Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Real Pay Raise - 401k adjustment

Well, not really a raise. A pay adjustment would better describe my meeting this past Thursday with my manager. He quietly called me into his office and mentioned corporate 'levelings' were required at our office. 'Levelings', I thought? New speak for layoffs? That rambled somewhere in the back of my mind. But I'm in a healthy career in a healthy industry in a healthy city. Could I be seeing pink leveling?


Nope. Apparently my job code required an adjustment to my pay. And, luckily, in the positive direction. My manager told me that effective immediately my pay had been adjusted upwards of 7 percent. Completely blindsided. So, first things first: Will bump 401k contribution from 6 to 7 percent. And use some of the extra monthly proceeds to continue contributing to my IRA.

No comments: