Thursday, November 17, 2016

Financial To Do before end of year...

As the weeks left in 2016 wind down there are a few things I'd like to do.


  • Consolidate an old Scottrade account into main Schwab account. I already did this with old E-trade and Fidelity accounts and I appreciate having less account logins and tax statements to deal with. Makes the most sense to do this during 2016 tax year. And easy to do by faxing a few forms in to get the process rollings.
  • Look into opening SEP IRA. I make a little bit of money from online stuff. Generally I put all the proceeds from this into taxable account in Schwab Total Stock Market Index Fund (SWTSX). A SEP IRA would allow contributing around 20-25% of profit into the account. Not a huge amount of savings but may still be worth it.
  • Calculate cost saving of recent mortgage refi and planning to pay, if any, extra principle payments.

No comments: